This country needs a new kind of leadership – someone who have the political will to institute change and make our country great, progressive and where the rule of law is respected. And I believe #DUTERTE is the man for the job.
Bloggista would want to see the next President and his administration prioritize the following, during the first 6 months in office:
- Peace and Order. Make our streets, our communities, our cities, our homes safe.
- Agriculture. This is the key to develop the countryside. More funding for farm to market roads, irrigation, town marketplaces projects. Easy access to new farming technologies and funding.
- Education. Build more schools, make public education quality better.
- Urban Planning. Decongest Metro Manila. Develop new urban areas in Pampanga, Laguna, Cavite, Ilocos, Bacolod, Zamboanga, Tawi-tawi, Sultan Kudarat, etc. Give better incentives to new businesses, provide entrepreneur support in key areas.
- National Procurement System. No more manual procurement transactions for purchases worth 0.01 cents and above. Make all procurement requirements posted online and public, and allow competitive bids on every goods and services purchases.
- Conscientious Appointments. Run the government like a business. Appoint only qualified candidates with track record, not because they are friends, relatives and campaign donors.
- Improve Government Services. Make government services efficient and free of red tape. Implement a single national ID system. Implement and monitor Service Level commitments of every single government office providing services to the public. Evaluate performance of Secretaries, Department Heads and Officers on a quarterly basis. Fire the non/under-performers.
- Make Use of Information Technology. Implement a common procurement system for all government offices. Take advantage of Cloud and SaaS technologies to implement cheaper and more reliable government information system. Make the Philippines the Cloud / SaaS Capital in ASEAN, no, in ASIA, heck, in the world!
In summary, unless the next administration make use of IT tools and implement it from national down to the cities, municipalities and barangay levels, we cannot truly achieve an efficient, graft-free governance.
VOTE WISELY. And whoever wins, let’s forget all our differences and support the new President and his programs.
Mabuhay ang Pilipino! Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!