Update: Entries are still accepted until 20th of October. So get your definition posted on your blog now.
Now that this blog has been successfully (whew, it was a painful one) transferred to a new host, Bloggista.com is giving away prizes for its first ever ‘grand’ contest – The Search for the Best Definition of Bloggista.
Recently, Definition-of.com has added in its database the word Bloggista, but the definition has to be enhanced or improved – thus the rationale behind this Contest.
Here are the mechanics:
- Give your best definition of the word “Bloggista” (noun) not exceeding 50 words and not exceeding 3 sentences.
- Provide a sample usage of Bloggista in a short sentence.
- Post your entry in your Blog and leave a comment on this post with the URL of your entry.
- Also include at the last part of your Post the following:
This is an entry to the “Search for the Best Definition of Bloggista” sponsored by:
Sponsors (check back for the final list of Sponsors). Don’t worry, sponsors will only be limited to the following:
- Riyanne of Blogging From Scratch (for the logo/banner design)
- Michael of Technology and Reviews
- Frank of Tech Jaws
- Paul et al of Classifieds Philippines
- Pinay Mommy of Mommy Earns Money Online
Don’t have a blog? You can sign-up one for free at Bloggista.net – Your Free WordPress-powered blog.
How to determine the Winner?
I will make a post of the Top 10 Finalists (if ever there will be more than 10 entries submitted). I will be selecting the Top 10 based on the following criteria:
- Post Popularity – number of comments, recommendations from friends and other bloggers
- Personal Preference – if I like the definition personally, it will surely get selected
To determine the Overall Winner, the following criteria will apply:
- The entry which gets the most votes (using a wordpress Vote plugin) from visitors and readers.
What are at stake for the Winner/s?
The Over-all winner will get the following:
- Cash prize of USD100.00 payable via PayPal
- 1500 GB space Hosting with Free Domain and 15,000GB monthly bandwidth*
- A professional Logo or Banner design courtesy of Riyanne
- 5000 Entrecard Credits
- Full one-year 125×125 banner ad display at Bloggista.com
- Surprise gifts!
Nine (9) Consolation prize winners will receive the following:
- USD10.00 Cash payable via Paypal
- 500 Entrecard credits
- Six (6) months 125×125 banner ad rotated with the other consolation prize winners at Bloggista.com
Terms and Conditions:
- All participants are required to subscribe to Bloggista.com and Major Sponsor RSS Feeds by Email. Subscription will be verified.
- Your entries (your definition of Bloggista) maybe posted here at Bloggista.com. All participants shall give Bloggista.com the rights and privileges to use your entries either as an article or post at Bloggista.com or at Sponsor sites.
- The Winning Entry will be used to create/update Bloggista definition at Definition-of.com, Wikipedia, and other similar sites.
- For Hosting and Domain, the Sponsor will contact the Winner regarding the details of the Account – and it’s totally free!
Contest starts 18-Aug-2008 and entries will be accepted until 29-Sep-2008 20-October-2008. To ensure that your entry or entries are accepted, please leave a comment here. Finalists will be announced starting on 30-Sep-2008 and will posted at Bloggista.com for voting. Over-all winner will be declared on 02-Nov-2008 a special day for Bloggista. So start early, get more comments, and get more votes.
Interested to be a Sponsor?
Contact Bloggista! Sponsorship slots are limited and are open until 15-Sep-2008 only. So shoot your most generous gesture and join the fun.
What you’ll get? Quality backlinks from 5 of my ranked sites (well, they’re just PR2-PR3 but it should be fine anyway), backlinks from participants, and RSS subscribers for Major Sponsors and the chance to be part of this historic event (LOL). The best offers get the slots.