So if you need to register, and want to avoid long queues at a Comelec office near you (cross our fingers…), better opt for this service. Go check out the site.
There are two options among many other sub-options:
Fill Up Only
- Fill-up Application Form online.
- Print accomplished Form (no appointment).
- Go to your local COMELEC office with your required documents on any working day for biometrics capture. (No prioritization. First-come, first-served).
Fill Up and Submit (for NCR residents at this time)
- Fill up Application Form online.
- Choose an appointment schedule.
- Submit the accomplished Form electronically.
- Print accomplished Form.
- Go to your local COMELEC office with your required documents on set Appointment Date. (With prioritization for biometrics capture).
You can the choose different service options for your voter’s registration:
- New Registration
- Change of Name
- Inclusion in the Book of Voters (if your name has not been included and you are a registered voter).
- Reinstatement to the Voters List (if you’re name has been omitted probably because you didn’t care in past elections).
The thing is, you still need visit a Comelec office, have your biometrics captured and complete the rest of the registration process, as this facility is only for accomplishing the registration Application Form.
Hopefully, this ain’t another, you know, online registration thingy the likes of SEC, NBI, etc – where you still have to endure long queues and waste a full day of your life.
Try it out, and let me know how was the experience. Congrats Comelec. It’s a great start!